Friendly, outgoing and optimistic, Dr. Carey is easy to talk with and immediately comfortable to be around. People are attracted to his open honesty and willingness to listen. A native of Seattle, Washington, Brian grew up enjoying the outdoor activities of the Northwest. His father, an ophthalmologist, helped establish the Department of Ophthalmology at the University of Washington School of Medicine. At university, Brian majored in cell biology and then pursued medicine. Earning his medical degree, Dr. Carey went on to complete an ophthalmology residency. In addition to cataract surgery, he was fortunate to perform a large number of refractive surgeries and learn valuable techniques from some of the profession’s pioneers. After practicing with his brother in Seattle and then briefly in Birmingham, Alabama, Dr. Carey returned to Seattle, where he expanded his surgical skills. Besides performing surgery, he enjoys serving as a team ophthalmologist for the Seattle Seahawks. Dr. Carey’s interests are tennis, golf, scuba diving and snow skiing.
- Please verify insurance information directly with your doctor's office as it may change frequently. PacificSource SHN CAT MRF BCBS Blue Card PPO Health Net OR CommunityCare UHC Navigate POS PacificSource SmartChoice Regence ID Preferred Provider Network M
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA, 1993, 1989
- Tulane Univ Hosp & Clis, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Providence St. Peter Hospital
- Providence Centralia Hospital
Special areas of practice expertise
Showing up-to the five most recent reviews.