Dr. Zarate was born in Lima, Peru. He graduated from medical school in 1987 and subsequently moved to the Miami, Florida area where he completed his internship and residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Miami's Jackson Memorial Hospital in 1990. Dr. Zarate completed a Cardiovascular Fellowship from 1990-1993 at the Los Angeles County and University of Southern California Medical Center. Dr. Zarate has been in private practice since 1993 and has specialized as an Interventional Cardiologist in California and Florida. Dr. Zarate is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Interventional Cardiology. In the past, Dr. Zarate has been involved in multi-center, international research programs and is currently the principal investigator for the Norvartis clinical trial.
No insurances listed.
- Universidad Cayetano Heredia - Lima Peru
- University of Miami - Jackson Memorial Hospital - Miami FL
- StratfordLos Angeles County and University - Southern California Medical Center - Los Angeles CA
- HCA Florida Twin Cities Hospital
- Interventional Cardiology
- HCA Florida Fort Walton-Destin Hospital
Special areas of practice expertise