Cedric Ortiguera, M.D., orthopedic surgeon at the Mayo Clinic campus in Jacksonville discusses several frequently asked questions regarding osteoarthritis and knee replacement surgery. In this video, Dr. Ortiguera mentions how osteoarthritis is the most common reason for needing knee replacement surgery and how there is currently no cure for osteoarthritis. He describes how knee replacement surgery replaces the worn out cartilage in the knee with an artificial knee cap.
To learn more, visit http://mayocl.in/2zR5wLJ.
This video will mention:
• The success rate of surgery
• The duration of your time in the hospital including, surgery, post surgery and physical therapy.
• The length of time to expect a knee replacement to last
• The types of low impact activities that you will be able to do with a knee replacement
• The potential complications of a knee replacement
• How Mayo Clinic will help control the pain during the surgery and during the recovery process
• The advances in knee replacement technology
• The rate of recovery for a knee replacement surgery