Dr. Alvarez has an interest in providing non-surgical orthopedic alternatives to his patients. He also holds a special interest in musculoskeletal ultrasound for which he has undergone additional training to be certified both nationally and internationally in the application of this technology for the treatment of rheumatic diseases. His practice consists of general adult rheumatology with a focus on inflammatory arthritis such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, lupus, polymyalgia rheumatica, ankylosing spondylitis, and vasculitis. He is also a willing participant and sub-investigator for numerous clinical trials.
- University of Miami School of Medicine
- Mayo Clinic School of Graduate Medical Education
- University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Naples Community Hospital
- Physicians Regional Medical Center - Pine Ridge
- Bethesda Hospital East
- Boca Raton Regional Hospital
- Delray Medical Center
Special areas of practice expertise
Showing up-to the five most recent reviews.