Last Updated: July 2017
Thank you for using HealthLynked, where we are Improving HealthCare. We are committed to protecting your privacy, and we take great care of your personal information. This policy will help you understand how we use and protect your data. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected] You can also learn more at HealthLynked.com/FAQ.
1035 Collier Center Way Suite 3,
Naples, Florida, 34110
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
You Voluntarily Share Your Information With Us
When you register with or otherwise use our Services, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us certain information that personally identifies you or could be used to personally identify you. For instance, when you register with our Services, you may provide us with your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, insurance data (such as your insurance carrier and insurance plan), medical data (such as your doctors’ names and contact information and medical history) and other information that may help us improve our Services and the services of providers, doctors, specialists, professionals and other organizations also using HealthLynked (collectively, “Healthcare Providers”).
We may also let you create a profile that HealthLynked users and other third parties can see. We collect Your Information and content (such as photos, reviews, ratings and other information) that you choose to submit in connection with our Services, including the process of creating or editing your account and user profile. Further, we may charge fees for all or part of our Services. To the extent that we charge any such fees, then you may provide us with certain financial information (such as credit card or bank account numbers) in connection with a Transaction.
If you choose not to provide us with any of Your Information, you may still be able to access and use some of our Services, but certain features of our Services that require Your Information may not be accessible to you.
Information that You Generate Using Our Services
Our Services may allow you to communicate or share information with HealthLynked as well as other HealthLynked users (including both patients and Healthcare Providers). For instance, you may participate in message boards and forums, post reviews, ratings and public comments, send private messages, chat via text or video with other users and post other content. You expressly acknowledge and agree that we may access in real-time, record and store archives of these communications, comments and other content on HealthLynked’s servers to make use of them in connection with our Services.
Third Parties Provide Your Information to Us
We May Collect Your Information Using Technology
When you use our Services, we and service providers acting on our behalf may use technology to collect information about you, including (1) IP address; (2) domain server; (3) type of device(s) used to access the Services; (4) web browser(s) used to access the Services; (5) referring webpage or other source through which you accessed the Services; (6) geolocation information; and (7) other statistics and information associated with the interaction between your browser or device and the Services (collectively “Traffic Data”). Depending on applicable law, some Traffic Data may be Personal Information. We may also collect and store information locally on your device using mechanisms, such as browser web storage and application data caches.
We and service providers acting on our behalf may collect such information through a variety of technical methods, including sending cookies, web beacons, pixel tags and other anonymous identifiers to your device. “Cookies” are pieces of data stored on our computer, mobile phone or other devices. A “web beacon” is a type of technology that lets us know if you visited a certain page or whether you opened an email. A “pixel tag” is a type of technology placed within a website or email for the purpose of tracking activity, which is often used in combination with cookies. Other “anonymous identifiers” are random strings of characters used for the same purposes as cookies, such as with mobile devices where cookie technology is not available. These technologies help us know that you are logged in to your HealthLynked account, provide you with features based on your preferences, understand when you are interacting with our Services, and compile other information regarding your use of our Services.
Please note that, in most cases, you can stop making your geolocation available to us or remove or block cookies (such as by using the settings in your browser), but doing so may affect your ability to use our Services.
From time to time, we may participate in or use advertising networks, such as third-party advertising servers, advertising agencies, technology vendors and research firms. We may use these third-party advertising networks for marketing, advertising and promotional purposes, as well as to serve advertisements to you. Advertising networks often gather data about consumers who view advertisements to make inferences about a consumer’s interests and preferences, which enables such networks to deliver advertisements directly targeted to the consumer’s specific interests. This practice is often referred to as “online behavioral advertising.” For example, a third-party advertising network might collect the type of Internet browser you use, the type of computer operating system you use, the domain name of a website you visit, whether or not you visit specific pages of a website, the location of your Internet service provider’s presence, the date and time of a visit to a website and other interactions between you and a website. Please see the Online Behavioral Advertising subsection of the Choices About How We Use and Collect Your Information section below to read about how you can prevent certain third-party advertising networks from collecting information about you.
Some content or applications, including advertisements, on our Services may be served by third parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers and application providers. These third parties may collect information about you when you use our Services. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
We collect information (including Personal Information and Traffic Data) when you use and interact with the Services. Additional means of collection include but may not be limited to:
1. When you use the Services’ interactive tools and services, such as searching for Healthcare Providers, searching for available appointments with Healthcare Providers and completing medical history forms (“Medical History Forms”) prior to Healthcare Provider appointments;
2. When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes through the Services or through responses to surveys, questionnaires and the like;
3. If you download and install certain applications and software we make available, we may receive and collect information transmitted from your computing device for the purpose of providing you the relevant Services, such as information regarding when you are logged on and available to receive updates or alert notices;
4. If you download our mobile application or use a location-enabled browser, we may receive information about your location and mobile device, as applicable;
5. Through cookies, web beacons, website analytics services and other tracking technology (collectively, “Tracking Tools”), as described below; and
6. When you use the “Contact Us” function on the Site, send us an email or otherwise contact us.
HIPAA and Protected Health Information (PHI)
Under a federal law called the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”), some demographic, health and/or health-related information that HealthLynked collects as part of providing the Services may be considered “protected health information” or “PHI.” Specifically, when HealthLynked receives identifiable information about you from or on behalf of Healthcare Providers, this information is considered PHI.
How We Use Your Information
We may use Your Information that is neither Personal Information nor PHI (including non-PHI Personal Information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated) to better understand who uses HealthLynked and how we can continue Improving HealthCare, or otherwise at our discretion.
We use information, including Personal Information, to provide the Services and to help improve the Services, to develop new services, and to advertise (for example, to display HealthLynked ads on other websites). Such use may include: for various lawful business purposes. Among others, these purposes may include using Your Information to:
Provide our Services to you. For example, we might connect you to healthcare providers (e.g., via video or voice communications or text or other electronic messaging), to help you make appointments with various healthcare providers, verify information that you provide to us and provide you with administrative notices.
Contact you and provide you with information. For example, we might contact you through telephone, video communications, email, postal, electronic notifications, text messages or other communications to provide you with Service updates, advertisements or promotional materials, surveys, offers, quotes, personalized information and other information from us or our business partners.
Analyze, improve and manage our Services and operations. For example, we might obtain feedback regarding our Services to understand and anticipate your needs and preferences, better understand your use of our Services, customize and tailor Service content and advertising, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, engage in statistical analysis and provide feedback or information to our business partners, vendors, advertisers and other third parties.
For any other purpose with your consent.
How We May Disclose Your Information
In certain circumstances, and in order to perform the Services, we may disclose certain information that we collect from you to any person who, in our reasonable judgment, is authorized to receive Your Information as your agent, including as a result of your business dealings with that person. Such release may include but is not limited to:
1. To our third-party vendors so that they may provide support for our internal and business operations, including for data processing, data verification, data storage, surveys, research, internal marketing, delivery of promotional and marketing materials and our Services’ maintenance and security;
2. To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, we may share your Personal Information with Healthcare Providers with whom you choose to schedule through the Services. For example, if you complete a Medical History Form using the Services in advance of an appointment and elect to share it with your selected Healthcare Provider, we may share your Medical History Form with such selected Healthcare Providers;
3. To insurance providers that you identify to us to determine your eligibility and cost-sharing obligations, and otherwise obtain benefit plan information on your behalf;
4. For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide Your Information to us;
5. With your consent;
6. To third parties that are interested in contacting you or providing offers to you that may be related to our Services or to products or services that you may find of interest;
7. As required by law or ordered by a court, regulatory or administrative agency;
8. As we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, if we believe that you are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation, or are otherwise interfering with another’s rights or property, including our rights or property;
9. If requested by authorities in the event of any act or instance of local, regional, national or international emergency;
11. To enforce or protect our rights;
12. In connection with a business transfer (as described in the section titled Business Transfers below); and
13. To our affiliated companies (for example, companies under common control or management with us).
Aggregation and De-Personalization
We may take Your Information and de-identify it either by combining it with information about other individuals (aggregating Your Information with information about other individuals), or by removing characteristics (such as your name) that make Your Information personally identifiable to you (deidentifying Your Information). We reserve the right to share, loan, rent, sell or otherwise disclose such information to third parties at any time, for any lawful purpose, without notice or compensation to you.
Circumvention of Security Measures
Please be aware that methods of transmission and electronic storage are not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of Your Information or any voice or data transmissions, as third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or electronic storage. Further, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures of our Services. Therefore, you use our Services at your own risk, you should not expect, that Your Information or voice or data transmissions will always remain private, and we do not guarantee the performance or adequacy of our privacy settings or security measures. In the event that an unauthorized third party compromises our security measures, we will not be responsible for any damages, directly or indirectly, caused by an unauthorized third party’s ability to view, use or disseminate Your Information.
You may provide information (including reviews, ratings, messages and other content) to be published, posted, submitted, transmitted, or displayed (collectively, “posted”) on or through our Services to HealthLynked users or other third parties (collectively, including any video or voice communications, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on our Services at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of our Services with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed, read, collected or used by unauthorized persons.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding Your Information that you provide to us. Below are some mechanisms that provide you with control over certain information:
1. “Do Not Track” Signals. Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) or similar feature that signals to websites that a visitor does not want to have his or her online activity and behavior tracked. If a website operator elects to respond to a particular DNT signal, the website operator may refrain from collecting certain personal information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and there is currently no industry consensus as to what constitutes a DNT signal. Although HealthLynked may respond to DNT signals, many website operators do not proactively respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT signals, visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
2. Communications. If you do not wish to receive notifications, text messages, alerts, posts, notices, emails or other communications from us, you can opt-out of receiving such communications from us (other than service-related communications, such as those communications related to the completion of your registration, correction of user data, change of password and other similar communications essential to your transactions on or through our Services) through your account settings or, to the extent applicable, by using the unsubscribe process at the bottom of such communication or by emailing us at [email protected] Please be aware that it can take up to 15 business days to remove you from our marketing lists. If you opt-out from receiving our marketing communications, you may continue to receive service-related communications, such as communications that are essential to your transactions on or through our Services.
3. Web Beacons: “Web Beacons” (a.k.a. clear GIFs or pixel tags) are tiny graphic image files embedded in a web page or email that may be used to collect information about the use of our Services, the websites of selected advertisers and the emails, special promotions or newsletters that we send. The information collected by Web Beacons allows us to analyze how many people are using the Services, using selected publishers’ websites or opening emails, and for what purpose, and also allows us to enhance our interest-based advertising (discussed further below).
4. Website Analytics: We may use third-party website analytics services in connection with the Services, including, for example, to register mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity and text typed into the Site. We use the information collected from these services to help make the Services easier to use and as otherwise set forth in Section 5 (Use of Information). These website analytics services generally do not collect Personal Information unless you voluntarily provide it and generally do not track your browsing habits across websites that do not use their services.
5. Mobile Device Identifiers: As with other Tracking Tools, mobile device identifiers help HealthLynked learn more about our users’ demographics and internet behaviors. Mobile device identifiers are data stored on mobile devices that may track mobile device and data and activities occurring on and through it, as well as the applications installed on it. Mobile device identifiers enable collection of Personal Information (such as media access control, address and location) and Traffic Data.
6. Cross Device Matching: To determine if users have interacted with content across multiple devices and to match such devices, we may work with partners who analyze device activity data and/or rely on your information (including demographic, geographic and interest-based data). To supplement this analysis, we may also provide de-identified data to these partners. Based on this data, we may then display targeted advertisements across devices that we believe are associated or use this data to further analyze usage of Services across devices.
7. Online Behavioral Advertising. Certain third-party advertising networks that deliver behavioral advertising are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). You can prevent NAI member companies from collecting preference data about you by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ and following the NAI’s directions. Note that if you opt out through the NAI, you will still receive advertising. In addition, if you opt out through the NAI and later delete your cookies, use a different browser or buy a new computer, you will need to renew your opt-out choice.
Your Information that You Disclose to Third Parties
Our Services may contain links or access to third-party websites, online services or mobile applications. Such third-party websites, online services and mobile applications are beyond our control. We are not responsible for the privacy policies, terms and conditions and other practices and content of such third parties. Any information that you disclose to third parties will be subject to the privacy policies and practices of such third parties. You should review the privacy policies and practices of such third parties prior to disclosing information to them. If you have any questions about how these third parties use your information, you should review their policies and contact them directly.
You agree that any information that you may reveal in a review posting or online discussion or forum is intentionally open to the public and is not in any way private. We recommend that you carefully consider whether to disclose any Personal Information in any public posting or forum. What you have written may be seen and/or collected by third parties and may be used by others in ways we are unable to control or predict.
Operations of Our Services in the United States
Our Services are operated in the United States. Your Information may be processed by us in the country where it was collected as well as other countries (including the United States) where laws regarding processing of Your Information may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By using our Services or providing us with Your Information, you consent to this transfer and processing.
The Services are not intended for use by children and children are prohibited from using the Services. HealthLynked does not knowingly collect any information from children, nor are the Services directed to children. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personal information from a child under 13, we will take reasonable measures to promptly remove that information from our records.
Changing Your Information
To the extent required by applicable law, you may request that we inform you about Your Information that we maintain, and where appropriate, request that we update, correct or suppress Your Information that we maintain in our active database. We will make all required updates and changes within the time specified by applicable law, and where permitted under applicable law, may charge an appropriate fee to cover the costs of responding to such requests. Please remember, if you make such a request, we may not be able to provide you with the same quality and variety of products and services to which you are accustomed. Please direct your requests to the address listed above under the section titled Introduction above.
Storage and Security of Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We endeavor to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and in storage. For example, when you enter sensitive information on our Site, we encrypt that information.
We store and process your information on our servers. We maintain industry standard backup and archival systems.
Although we make good faith efforts to store Personal Information in a secure operating environment that is not open to the public, we do not and cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. If at any time during or after our relationship we believe that the security of your Personal Information may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail to the most recent e-mail address you have provided us in your account profile. Please keep your e-mail address in your account up to date. You can update that e-mail address anytime in your account profile. If you receive a notice from us, you can print it to retain a copy of it. To receive these notices, you must check your e-mail account using your computer or mobile device and email application software. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use the U.S. Postal Service to notify you in this situation, please e-mail us at [email protected] Please include your address when you submit your request. You can make this election any time, and it will apply to notifications we make after a reasonable time thereafter for us to process your request. You may also use this e-mail address to request a print copy, at no charge, of an electronic notice we have sent to you regarding a compromise of your Personal Information.
Your California Rights Policy
Individuals who are residents of California and have provided Your Information to us may request certain information regarding our disclosure of Your Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us at [email protected] or in writing at:
1035 Collier Center Way Suite 3,
Naples, Florida, 34110
California privacy rights requests must include the reference “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of the message and must include the email address or mailing address, as applicable, for us to send our response. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted other than to the address specified above.